Routes

Planner

Features

Updates

App

Login or Signup

Get the App

Login or Signup

Routes
Road cycling routes
United Kingdom
England
West Midlands Region
Worcestershire
Wychavon
Pinvin

Seaford Ford and Footbridge – St Leonard's Church loop from Pershore

Routes
Road cycling routes
United Kingdom
England
West Midlands Region
Worcestershire
Wychavon
Pinvin

Seaford Ford and Footbridge – St Leonard's Church loop from Pershore

Easy

24

riders

Seaford Ford and Footbridge – St Leonard's Church loop from Pershore

01:55

44.1km

220m

Road cycling

Easy road ride. Great for any fitness level. Mostly well-paved surfaces and easy to ride. The starting point of the route is accessible with public transport.

Last updated: July 31, 2026

Tips

Includes a segment in which cycling is not permitted

After 9.65 km for 60 m

Waypoints

A

Start point

Train Station

Get Directions

1

3.79 km

Seaford Ford and Footbridge

Highlight • Bridge

Dont cycle through it, it's very slippy and I got wiped out completely and soaked through 😂🙈 use the bridge 👍

Tip by

2

9.68 km

St John the Baptist Church, Grafton Flyford

Highlight • Historical Site

The church of ST. JOHN BAPTIST consists of a chancel 26½ ft. by 15¾ ft., nave 44 ft. by 21 ft., north chapel, south porch, and west tower 11 ft. square. These measurements are all internal.
The church, with the exception of the 14th-century tower, was entirely rebuilt in 1875, but the old work appears to have been very largely re-used. The modern work is already getting into a very bad state of repair.
The chancel has a 15th-century east window of three lights with a segmental pointed head. In the north wall is a square-headed 14th-century window of two ogee trefoil-headed lights. In the south wall are two square-headed two-light windows and a priest's door, mostly modern. On this side is a single sedile with a cusped head, and near it a pointed piscina with the bowl missing. An internal string-course, largely modern, is carried round the chancel. The chancel arch is of two chamfered orders dying into the wall; the voussoirs are small and regular and are of late 13th or early 14th-century date.
In the north wall of the nave is a pointed 14thcentury arch of two chamfered orders opening into a small chapel with a single-light window on the east and west. Further west is a pointed window of the same date with two lights and a traceried head. In the south wall are two windows, each of two lights and similar to that on the north of the chancel; between them is a plain pointed door. All these features have apparently been restored and reset.
The 14th-century tower is faced with ashlar and three stages high with low diagonal buttresses to the western angles of the ground stage. The tower arch is acutely pointed and of two chamfered orders. This stage rests on a deeply moulded plinth and has a pointed 15th-century west window of three cinquefoiled lights. The second stage is lighted by loops only, but the third stage has a pointed 14th-century window of two trefoiled ogee lights in each face. The parapet is embattled, with carved gargoyles at the angles of the string and panelled and crocketed pinnacles rising above them. From within it rises a low octagonal pyramid of stone capped by a truncated pinnacle set diagonally.
The fittings include a 17th-century communion table with turned legs, a 15th-century semi-octagonal pulpit (on a modern base) having a moulded rail and traceried heads to the panels, and a modern font. In the north chapel is a broken marble monument to Roger Stonehall, who died in 1645. Under the tower are roughly designed paintings on boards of the evangelistic symbols with black letter labels, perhaps of the 16th century; here is also a painted achievement of the royal arms of Charles II inscribed 1687 C.R. In the tracery of the east window are some fragments of 15th-century glass tabernacle work and in the north chancel window are two shields, one with the arms of Mortimer and the other imperfect with those of Beauchamp. In the west window are fragments of white and yellow 15th-century glass in the tracery.
There are five bells, all cast by John Martin in 1676: the tenor is inscribed, 'All men that here my roring sound repent before you ly in ground, M. Robert Baker 1676'; the fourth, 'We wish in heven theer souls may sing that caused us six here for to ring, Amell Doxly, Richard Haynes C.W. 1676'; the third, 'Be it known to all that doth wee see John Martin of Worcester, he made wee 1676'; the second, 'All prayse and glory be to God for ever 1676'; and the treble, 'Jesus be our good speed, God Save the King 1676.'
The plate includes a cup and cover paten, London, 1571, and a plate, London, 1679, inscribed 'Grafton Flyford.'
The registers are in one volume as follows: baptisms 1676 to 1813, burials 1676 to 1812, marriages 1678 to 1777.

Tip by

3

33.1 km

The Shop at Crowle

Highlight • Cafe

Really friendly staff with a Great selection of Hot & Cold food - Indoor and outdoor seating with Toilet for customers!

Tip by

4

34.5 km

St Leonard's Church

Highlight • Other

The church of ST. LEONARD is a small building consisting of chancel and nave without structural division, measuring internally 45 ft. 9 in. by 17 ft. 3 in., and a south porch.

There is little indication of the date of the building, but the nave is probably of the 14th century, while the chancel is perhaps of the 15th, there being a break in the building of the north wall. The south wall and porch are modern.

The chancel has a modern three-light east window of 15th-century character and only the lower part of the wall itself is ancient. The roof has a flat plaster ceiling. The nave has a modern square-headed twolight window in both the north and south walls and a modern south door. The blocked north door is narrow and has an oak lintel, and the west window is of the 14th century, with two trefoiled lights and a quatrefoil over. The roof is four-centred and ceiled in plaster, with two modern beams at the west end supporting a square weather-boarded bell-turret with a pyramidal roof containing two bells probably cast at Warwick about 1350, inscribed respectively 'Ave Maria gracia' and 'Ihesus Nazarenvs Rex Ivdeorum.' Below the west window is a blocked opening. The octagonal font is modern, but the communion table with twisted legs dates from the late 17th century. There are also an old parish chest with five padlocks and staples, and a table of benefactions dated 1725. In the sacrarium are slabs to Thomas Moule, M.A., rector, 1647, and Mabel Moule, to Abigail Sanders, 1683, and to Susanna Sanders, 1674.
The plate consists of a small Elizabethan cup and cover paten of 1571, with maker's mark 'HW.' There are also an almsdish and a pewter flagon.

There is only one early book of registers, containing all entries 1761 to 1812.

Tip by

B

44.1 km

End point

Train Station

Loading

Way Types & Surfaces

Way Types

40.3 km

2.69 km

783 m

177 m

168 m

Surfaces

36.7 km

7.08 km

377 m

Sign up to see more specific route details

Sign up for free

Elevation

Elevation

Nothing selected – click and drag below to see the stats for a specific part of the route.

Highest point (80 m)

Lowest point (20 m)

Sign up to see more specific route details

Sign up for free

Weather

Powered by Foreca

Tuesday 25 August

27°C

16°C

-- %

Additional weather tips

Max wind speed: -- km/h

to get more detailed weather forecasts along your route

Comments

guide_signup

Want to know more?

Sign up for a free komoot account to join the conversation.

Sign up for free

Our route recommendations are based on thousands of hikes, rides, and runs completed by other people on komoot.

Save

Edit route

Download GPX

Move start point

Print

Share

Embed on a website

Report an Issue

Report restricted access

Nearby routes

Moderate

4.5

155

Upton-on-Severn & Croome Court loop from Worcester

02:13h

51.5km

250m

Explore
RoutesRoute plannerFeaturesRedeem a voucherHikesMTB TrailsRoad cycling routesBikepackingSitemap
Download the app
Follow Us on Socials

© komoot GmbH

Privacy Policy